About Me

Hello! My name is Rogerray Frye. I live in Old Town in the lovely state capital of Lansing, MI and I LOVE it! I've been a photographer and videographer for over 27 years. I enjoy my life thoroughly and live it to the fullest. My motto is Live, Love, and Laugh often. My youngest son, Taylor, works at Liquid Web and really likes his job. Myles, my first born, will graduate this spring with his Bachelors Degree in networking from Saginaw Valley. I am so proud of both my young men. I'm back at college to start a new adventure and let my career flourish for many years to come. I love animals! I have two wonderful cats in my life, Toby and Tabitha. They have been the love of my life since 1999 - unconditional love for 12 years! Benny and Butters just joined the family; they're the NEW cats on the block! They been with us for 3 years. I've been teased I'm the unofficial mayor of Old Town, as I can't help but stop and talk to all my wonderful friends and family here. If you need me for business, I'm confident you'll love my work. If you just want to be friends, I'd love to share that with you too! Cheers! Rogerray

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Happy birthday Taylor!







Well my youngest son Taylor is turning 21 this next Monday and he has grown up to be a handsome well rounded young man. I remember when he was 4 and he was the talk of all the ladies that he met when we where out. I use to take my boys to breakfast almost every Saturday that I could. We loved breakfast and we where known as the breakfast boys. I like Bob Evans and Taylor liked Denny's because of the waitress use to treat Taylor like a little prince. Myles liked Bob Evans because of almost the same reason, except he loved BOB Evans sausage and biscuits. It was a time we could sit and draw or just catch up on the weekday events. I really miss thous times. Taylor does not do much but work, sleep, shower and shave now at this age. Now don't get me wrong he has a great job at liquid web, and he loves his job, but there needs to be more fun and less sleep. His social life has suffered since this job and I know he needs more of a outlet.


I miss that spry young energetic kid that I come to know and love. Becoming a man is a lot of work,that sometimes seems harder and never moves fast enough for you. I remember when I was his age I had just gotten married to Abby, and was starting my new job at ABC Warehouse. I worked on commission and stood on the sales floor from the age of 21 to 26. That felt like the longest 5 years of my life. I had two children, a wonderful wife and a hunger to make money like no other salesman. The world was my oyster and I was going to be rich beyond my wildest dreams. I had a house payment, two car payments and a acre of land in the country with a large in ground pool to take care of. I was a kid, raising kids and I was never home. We had to be there on the sales floor from 9am to 9pm and there was never a day together for me to have with my young boys ,except my one day off which was Sunday. I always made a big breakfast and it was just lovely to have time around the table with my family.


When I was living with my dad though high school he would get me up and we would go for breakfast on Saturday. To catch up and hang out. I lived in Elsie which is a small town, and we would go to Mary's kitchen in the next small town Ovid, Michigan. I had a hard time getting up just like ,Taylor does when I call up to see if he wants to get up and spend time with his Dad. I always enjoyed the time after in was up and around and hell, it usually was still only 9am by the time we got home!
I cherish thous times like no other with my DAD,and now that he just had a stroke they come flowing back like no other memory.






I know that Taylor is so overwhelmed with all the new responsibility that comes with the change of becoming an adult. I wish he would talk to me more and fill me in, so I can help where I can. It sometimes seems to hard to tell your dad things about your life, and how you want them to change faster than they are. When I look at him it is also hard not to see the little handsome young Taylor, that has alway tried to pull the wool over my eyes. I hope as this year goes forward, that he knows that bits the little things like breakfast and communication, will keep our bond flowing forward. I am so proud of Taylor, and I expect the pressures of life may not get much better, but I want him to know that he will alway be my little boy and my wonderful grown up man that he has become. I love you very much Taylor Tot!
Sincere wished on your twenty first birthday,
love,Dad





-- Post From Little Rayray iPad

Location:W Maple St,Lansing,United States

2 comments:

  1. Awww... I can't believe he's going to be 21! The memories come back in a flood when those milestone birthdays roll around.

    And there's something very special about breakfast together. Maybe because it's the start of a new day and everything is fresh and possible. Who knows, but it's one of my favorite things too.

    All my love to the whole family!

    Ashleigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! The wait was worth it! Blogger on my little ray ray iPad just updated and I can comment back to you right from the program. You will have to let me know if you get this and happy hump day! Love and kisses Rogerray on January 11th 2012.

    ReplyDelete